Thursday, August 23, 2012

Thugs and Trolls

Most of you know I have a Thing about bad manners on the internet—"bad manners" being a catch-all phrase that includes anything profane, vulgar, tasteless, illogical, irrational, uncharitable, precipitous, or just plain badly thought out.  Those of you who share this Thing (and that is all of you, oui, mon frères?) will be glad to know that the inimitable Fr. Z has a litany especially for the purpose of converting the villains who indulge in such Bad Behavior.

Of course, he seems to have mostly commenters and spammers in mind, whereas I include fellow bloggers when I pray the piece ...

Litany for the conversion of internet thugs.

You will not be surprised to learn that the Fremont Troll lives in Seattle.
"Despite its name, the Troll is not under the nearby Fremont Bridge.
It is clutching an actual Volkswagen Beetle, as if it had just swiped it from the roadway above. 
The vehicle has a California license plate."
I don't know about you, but the expression on his face almost makes me feel sorry for the poor fellow ...
... really.  I mean, a Volkswagen Beetle?

No comments: