Monday, August 17, 2020

All on the Same Page

It was a small gathering of Catholics al fresco, enjoying drinks and the evening breeze.  Heady theological and philosophical topics were being discussed.  And then somehow, someway, someone broached politics.  I may or may not have held my breath.

"Well, we are ALL on the same page now!" said this person, with a few more comments of the same sort, before falling silent.

I didn't say anything.  No one else said anything.  The pity of it was, I didn't know (and I suspect some of the others didn't know) WHAT page this person was talking about.  Our minds were all racing over the past weeks gaffes and court cases and tweets and COVID news and ... and ... I swear I really didn't know what page we were all supposed to be on.

Mon freres, can you tell me?

No comments: